At Allure, we prefer using the JUVÉDERM® family of dermal fillers, which instantly adds volume to a different area of the face to lift cheeks, smooth parentheses lines, or plump the lips for natural, long lasting results.
The JUVÉDERM® collection of fillers is made from hyaluronic acid (HA). What’s interesting about HA is that it’s a natural substance in the skin that delivers nutrients, helps the skin retain moisture and softness, and adds volume. Each product in the JUVÉDERM® collection of fillers is made from a modified form of HA.
How does JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC and Ultra Plus XC work?
- They fill moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, like your smile lines or parentheses, to create a smooth look 1,2
- They are formulated from a modified version of hyaluronic acid (HA), a substance found naturally in the skin
- The results are instant and JUVÉDERM®Ultra XC and Ultra Plus XC are clinically proven to last up to 1 year with optimal correction at initial treatment 3,4
What is JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC and Ultra Plus XC?
- They are dermal fillers designed to fill moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, like your “smile lines” or “parentheses”, to create a smooth look1, 2
- Smile lines, or parentheses, are the creases that run from the bottom of your nose to the corners of your mouth
How does JUVÉDERM® Voluma XC work?
- With age, cheeks lose volume, which can give your face a sunken look 5
- It corrects volume loss in the cheek area, due to age, with an injectable gel made from a modified form of hyaluronic acid (HA), which is a substance found naturally in the skin5
- The results are instant and clinically proven to last up to 2 years with optimal treatment 6
What is JUVÉDERM® Voluma XC?
- It is the first and only FDA-approved filler for the cheek area to correct age-related volume loss5
- It is a nonsurgical treatment and instantly provides a smooth, natural-looking appearance to the cheek area that last up to 2 years with optimal treatment5-7
- It is specifically formulated to correct volume loss and enhance contour to the cheeks and cheek area, creating a more youthful appearance5
Before and After Photos
JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC, JUVÉDERM® XC, and JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC Important Information
JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC injectable gel is indicated for injection into the lips and perioral area for lip augmentation in adults over the age of 21.
JUVÉDERM® XC injectable gels (JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC and JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus XC) are indicated for injection into the mid-to-deep dermis for correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds (such as nasolabial folds).
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC injectable gel is indicated for deep (subcutaneous and/or supraperiosteal) injection for cheek augmentation to correct age-related volume deficit in the mid-face in adults over the age of 21.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
These products should not be used in patients who have severe allergies, marked by a history of anaphylaxis or history or presence of multiple severe allergies, and should not be used in patients with a history of allergies to gram-positive bacterial proteins or lidocaine contained in these products.
- Do not inject into blood vessels. Introduction of these products into the vasculature may lead to embolization, occlusion of the vessels, ischemia, or infarction. Take extra care when injecting soft-tissue fillers; for example, inject the product slowly and apply the least amount of pressure necessary. Rare, but serious, adverse events associated with the intravascular injection of soft-tissue fillers in the face have been reported and include temporary or permanent vision impairment, blindness, cerebral ischemia or cerebral hemorrhage leading to stroke, skin necrosis, and damage to underlying facial structures. Immediately stop the injection if a patient exhibits any of the following symptoms: changes in vision, signs of a stroke, blanching of the skin, unusual pain during or shortly after the procedure. Patients should receive prompt medical attention and, possibly, evaluation by an appropriate healthcare professional specialist should an intravascular injection occur
- Product use at specific sites in which an active inflammatory process (skin eruptions such as cysts, pimples, rashes, or hives) or infection is present should be deferred until the underlying process has been controlled
- In order to minimize the risk of potential complications, these products should only be used by healthcare professionals who have appropriate training, experience, and knowledge of facial anatomy
- Healthcare professionals are encouraged to discuss the potential risks of soft-tissue injections with their patients prior to treatment and ensure that patients are aware of signs and symptoms of potential complications
- The safety and effectiveness for the treatment of anatomic regions other than moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds with JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC and JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus XC, the lips and perioral area for lip augmentation with JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC, and the mid-face with JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC, have not been established in controlled clinical studies
- As with all transcutaneous procedures, dermal filler implantation carries a risk of infection. Follow standard precautions associated with injectable materials
- The safety for use during pregnancy, in breastfeeding females, and in patients with known susceptibility to keloid formation, hypertrophic scarring, and pigmentation disorders has not been studied
- The safety for use of JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC and JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus XC in patients under 18 years has not been established
- The safety for use of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC in patients under 35 or over 65 years has not been established
- Use with caution in patients on immunosuppressive therapy
- Patients who are using products that can prolong bleeding (such as aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, and warfarin) may experience increased bruising or bleeding at treatment sites
- If laser treatment, chemical peel, or any other procedure based on active dermal response is considered after treatment, or if the product is administered before the skin has healed completely, there is a possible risk of an inflammatory reaction at the treatment site
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of implantation may be at a higher risk for adverse events
- The safety of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC injectable gel for use in patients with very thin skin in the mid-face has not been established
- Patients may experience late onset nodules with use of dermal fillers, including JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC
The most commonly reported side effects for JUVÉDERM® XC injectable gels were temporary injection-site redness, swelling, pain/tenderness, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, discoloration, and itching. For JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC or JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus XC, they were mostly mild or moderate in severity, with a duration of 14 days or less; and for JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC, they were predominantly moderate in severity, with a duration of 2 to 4 weeks.
To report an adverse reaction with JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC, JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus XC, or JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC, please call Allergan Product Surveillance at 1-800-624-4261.
For more information, please see JuvedermDFU.com or call the Allergan Medical Information line at 1-800-433-8871.
JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC, JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus XC, and JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC injectable gels are available by prescription only.
- JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC Patient Labeling, 2010
- JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus XC Patient Labeling, 2010
- JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC Directions for Use, 2011
- JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus XC Directions for Use, 2011
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC Patient Labeling, 2013
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC Directions for Use, 2013
- Data on file, Allergan, Inc.